As an individual
Worldwide, leading health authorities are advising the following precautions:
- Wash your hands more often than usual or use an alcohol-based rub.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 foot) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene by catching coughs and sneezes in a tissue, disposing of the tissue and washing your hands.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
- Stay up to date with health publications and recommendations.